Although I do like Pokemon a lot, it does not get my pants all wet. I’m referring to the Black Dude Who Loves Pokemon. If you haven’t seen that yet I highly suggest you watch it, that way you can imagine my excitement -100% of the sexual jokes. That man is just horny about Pokemon.
Anyway, I did reserve my copy of Pokemon White at Gamestop and immediately went to pick it up, disappointed that it did not come with coolfreestuff–I heard that Target was giving away ARTBOOKS with your purchase of Pokemon Black or White, and there was also a special edition DSi that came with either Black or White. I have other useless crap to collect so of course I did not purchase the special edition DSi. (By “other useless crap” I mean, that I ordered the “Tron” collectors’ edition package which includes the remix CD, a glow-in-the-dark Daft Punk/Tron poster, and a 5-disc DVD/CD.)
I finally beat the Elite Four in my Pokemon SoulSilver game today so I felt it was appropriate to start playing Pokemon White. Loading the game into my DSi, I immediately realized that the new intro to Pokemon was pretty epic. Some kid gets CROWNED. What is this, THE LEGEND OF ZELDA!?!?! After I made that remark, my friend who ALSO purchased the game said the exact same thing.
I did a really stupid thing and forgot to save after leveling up my Pokemon to a good level and after catching 2 Pokemon and leveling THEM up as well so it was a fail-tastic hour of my life, but if you had lost interest in playing the Pokemon games I will briefly highlight what I thoroughly enjoyed about this new edition of the series:
1. Battle animations. The pokemon do not just stand there and move a few pixels forward. They actually fold their arms or bounce around. My Oshawott looks like a flailing otter. Still cute though.
2. Seasons. You start off playing the game during Autumn, and leaves blow around the screen for a dramatic effect. I wonder if you get to change your attire come Winter because walking around in a short-sleeved jacket would not be wise.
3. Guessing what type of new Pokemon you will encounter. I don’t really do my research whenever I hear about new Pokemon, I just guess by the name and how it looks, and like to be surprised, pleasantly or not. The developers made it easy for us lazyasses by making the water Pokemon (my favorites) looking like they came from the ocean, or coloring them blue. Because if there’s one thing I learned from video games, blue=water.
4. That one Pokemon not chosen by you or your rival is no longer FOREVERALONE. (Usually the plant Pokemon, amirite??) You start with 2 friends in the town–Cheren and Bianca. Bianca is an airhead, I am sorry. Not hating on the girls here. She has a big ass though, lol.
5. The game is finally supposed to be harder. I can see this already as I have been running into the same 2-3 Pokemon in the first 2 cities, so you’re a bit stuck with training these Pokemon in order to progress properly in the game.
I wish I could say I played the game a lot more but UNFORTUNATELY I FORGOT TO SAVE PROPERLY SO…. I am going to sit in the corner and facepalm for the rest of the night.